corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cd player wires help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cd player wires help please
corsajay88

User status: Offline
   2nd Feb 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tried fitting my cd player and discovered the power cables on the car loom near the plug are damaged. they are snapped. can anyone suggest a fix for this? i cant solder the wires as the plug doesn't come out very far. i was thinking i would either have to take the dash out or make to new wires one for switched one for permanent. thanks

Can anyone help please, hate driving without music

[Edited on 03-02-2012 by corsajay88]
corsajay88

3rd Feb 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump. can anyone help with this?
Phoenix Autosport

3rd Feb 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when fitting a decent aftermarket stereo i generaly run new power cables of a larger diamenter as the original cables are spec'd for pretty basic audio gear they are generaly a bit under spec'd for a high power head unit causing the display to dim on bass notes at high volume and distortion due to the stereo's internal amplifier not being able to pull the instantaneous currents it needs,
when running cabling you want an earth point to the chasis for the negative lead, on most cars nicely accessible ones can be found behind footwell side trims, a permanent live should be taken direct from the battery and should go through a fuse as close to the battery as is practical and through a grommet in the bulkhead to avoid the insulation being damaged, ignition live can be taken from the ignition barrel and should again be fused as close as is practical to he ignition barrel before the cable run
corsajay88

3rd Feb 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Repaired the loom for now but i think i will follow you're advise, there is a noticeable difference in the thickness between the car loom and cd player. Thanks

New Poll