corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Paint spraying Alloy wheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paint spraying Alloy wheels
Anty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 12 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do i need to rub them down, or can i just paint on top of them?

wheels in question 16inch Soft stars.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rub them down with like 400-600 wet and dry to take the shine off them. Then just re spray them as the old paint will act as a primer.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
D0NN3R

3rd Apr 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rub them down
Anty
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might help me with selling them on..
Matty SRi

3rd Apr 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need to sand them down otherwise it won't stick. Primer first, paint, then laquer
Anty
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daft question, were do i get the wet n dry from?
JaffaTB

4th Apr 12 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poundshop, diy store, B&Q etc

deffo give it a rub down first, if not you will be able to see the uneveness under the new paint and it will look shit and you'll wish you had taken more time preparing them, been there before many times myself
D0NN3R

4th Apr 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poundland also do some good paint
gary2097

5th Apr 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't mean to sound like a dick but if you don't know where to get wet and dry from should you really be painting your wheels as it doesn't sound like you know what your doing and they aren't the easiest thing to paint and lacquer and get looking good

[Edited on 05-04-2012 by gary2097]
Anty
Premium Member

11th Jul 12 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ill have some good practicing from it.
ive got plenty of time on my hands, as im unempolyed
Jamie-C

11th Jul 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gary2097
Don't mean to sound like a dick but if you don't know where to get wet and dry from should you really be painting your wheels as it doesn't sound like you know what your doing and they aren't the easiest thing to paint and lacquer and get looking good

[Edited on 05-04-2012 by gary2097]
Just because he doesn't know where to buy the supplies to do the job doesn't mean he doesn't have the skills to do it you moron.

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
I'd rub them down with like 400-600 wet and dry to take the shine off them. Then just re spray them as the old paint will act as a primer.

400 is far too coarse unless your going to prime it. You will be able to see 400 scratches in the paintwork especially if there going silver.

I'd recommend you use 1500 wet and dry, its only to take the shine off them to ensure the paint adheres to them. Any bad chips and stuff are going to need filler but then your going to need to prime them too.

New Poll