corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spark plugs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spark plugs
Firefly

User status: Offline
10th Jul 12 at 04:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its nearly time to change the plugs in my c16se and im wondering if iridium or platinum plugs work or maybe standard ones from a bigger engine?
reecegsi

12th Jul 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they will work if they are for that engine?
Root

12th Jul 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just buy the plugs designed for the engine you have in your car. Get NGK, not netto value ones. They're cheap as chips
Firefly

13th Jul 12 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i meant is do these "performance plugs" do what they claim? Bigger spark, cleaner burn etc or even running a standard slightly larger plug/one with more electrodes like the ones from a vectra for example

Ive ran NGK R series plugs so far and theyve gone well
Root

13th Jul 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firefly
What i meant is do these "performance plugs" do what they claim? Bigger spark, cleaner burn etc or even running a standard slightly larger plug/one with more electrodes like the ones from a vectra for example

Ive ran NGK R series plugs so far and theyve gone well

The ones with 4 heads work better than the ones with 2. You will NEVER see a performance gain from sparkplugs as they all do the same job. A 4 headed one should assure that it's getting a good spark every time though so it wouldn't miss a beat.

But I don't see the need for a 4 headed plug if a 2 is working fine in the engine, my moped used to have only 1 contactor/spark head thingy.

I fail to see the logic behind a larger sparkplug? All it's doing is igniting the fuel/air mixture, it can't ignite it in any better ways or anything. Taking out the plugs and putting small explosive material into the cylinders could though! lol

[Edited on 13-07-2012 by Root]

New Poll