corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » z18xe idle issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author z18xe idle issue
Nath

User status: Offline
1st Aug 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not Corsa.... but Astra. I'm 99% sure my 2002 Astra Cab has a z18xe, but if not please feel free to correct me.

Basically when cold my Astra idles lumpy. It sits at normal revs but you can almost feel the car shaking due to the lumpiness of the idle. It'll then rise to near 2k revs for a second or two, and then settle above 1k before calming down below the 1k mark. If I try and drive off too soon after starting it the car will almost feel as if it's about to stall, meaning I then try for more power only for it to rev up and move like normal.

I'm thinking air flow meter? But if anybody else has any ideas I'd be greatful.

nick_sri

3rd Aug 12 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

similar problem to me , thinking throttle position sensor? could try giving the throttle body a clean

tryed pedal test?

[Edited on 03-08-2012 by nick_sri]
Nath

3rd Aug 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would the pedal test only give warnings if the EML was on? As at the moment it's not on, and hasnt been on for ages. Not since I had a bew lambda sensor fitted.

I'm going to have a proper look tomorrow
Nath

5th Aug 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaned the throttle body, still doing the same thing. Had a look at the AFM, but tbh there's very little to inspect! Might just take a punt on a new one anyway.
Nath

10th Aug 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I changed the MAF, and everything seems ok now

New Poll