corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cosa b 1.2 engine problems HELP!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cosa b 1.2 engine problems HELP!!!
landymadbrad1

User status: Offline
   5th Jan 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heey guys im all new to this
well anyway I have a Vauxhall corsa b 1.2 16v s reg

well about 2months ago I went to go out in her and I turned the ignition on and the engine management light was on and it just turned over and wouldn't fire so I left it, one my mates came out with a computer you plug in and he said that the crank senser had gone so 57pound later and a new crank senser fitted I was happy to have it working again so I jumped in went to start it and it done the same thing as before?? what could this be please please help!!!! but before all this happened I dropped the key and it came apart would that be the problem does the key have a built in immobilizer?

thanks for reading and I hope your answers help thankyou
csifku

8th Jan 13 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the key got chip in it, but it should work anyway... dont think is key/chip problem otherwise it wouldnt start at all. i think u dont give uus a lot discription :-/
landymadbrad1

8th Jan 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I start the car I put the throttle right down it revs up and then bogs out? I start it again with no throttle and it does the same?? im getting a new key and reprogram on the 19th! which is 90pound from my local Vauxhall dealer ship..
Ricky352

8th Jan 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate dropped his key and lost the chip. The car wouldn't start at all so I doubt thats your problem.

Get a proper diagnostics done. Maybe your mates computer is out of date or he didn't know what he was doing. Not trying to bad mouth him, just saying its a possibility as its happened to me before.
landymadbrad1

8th Jan 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he works at audi so I think he'd know how to use one and everyone on my other post says it would be the key?
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jan 13 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will say crank sensor if it isn't running
landymadbrad1

9th Jan 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive put a brand new crank senser on it???
csifku

9th Jan 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THe chance to loose the chip is minimal ... but not impossible... it could be sensor, fuse.. ...
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by landymadbrad1
I start the car I put the throttle right down it revs up and then bogs out? I start it again with no throttle and it does the same?? im getting a new key and reprogram on the 19th! which is 90pound from my local Vauxhall dealer ship..

If it starts then cuts out then that sounds like the immobiliser, mine did thesame thing when I accidentally cut one of the wires from the transponder. Is the engine management light on constantly or does it flash? Flashing indicates an immobilser fault.
landymadbrad1

12th Jan 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im just getting a new key and chip so ill let you all know from there, thanks for your help guys
silvercorsabee

12th Jan 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before I read this I was about to say crank sensor as I had the same problem in mine but if that's been replaced then fuck knows buddy lol
landymadbrad1

14th Jan 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg my dad found the chip out of the key and it all works fine now so happy thanks for all your help and replys guys

New Poll