corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tapping noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tapping noise
Dave_Sport

User status: Offline
14th Sep 13 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my recent purchase (1.6 Sport) had developed a tapping noise which i though i'd cured with a new cambelt and tensioner kit as the tensioner was on its way out but after a drive/blast round earlier i get home and its tapping a treat. :

Some of it is the injectors are they normally quite loud?
And some i think is coming from the inlet bank in the head, it almost sounds like the valve tapping as it closes but it stops if i bring the revs up to 1750-2000rpm - Any Ideas???

Dave
andy_mk3

15th Sep 13 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The injectors on these are pretty noisy. Could also be the hydraulic lifters a bit noisy. I'd go for an engine flush and oil change to see if that helps. But the injectors will always be noisy
Dave_Sport

16th Sep 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
The injectors on these are pretty noisy. Could also be the hydraulic lifters a bit noisy. I'd go for an engine flush and oil change to see if that helps. But the injectors will always be noisy

Ok did the engine flush and oil and filter today and all funny noises have gone bar the injectors, so thanks for your advice

New Poll