corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » should i buy a JVC unit so that i get DAB? or get an Alpine/Pioneer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author should i buy a JVC unit so that i get DAB? or get an Alpine/Pioneer
DJGoMatt

User status: Offline
1st Jan 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JVC Unit

Had an astra coupe nearly a year now and i fancy getting a nice unit in it, replace the boring standard one.

Can anybody recommend this unit or DAB to me, or should i just get an alpine/pioneer unit and forget about DAB?

I'm willing to spend about £300 on the unit, but havent got a clue what to get, just know it has to be better than the Pioneer DEH-7400MP that i had in my Corsa to keep me happy, i'm used to a good unit.

cheers in advance!
Dom

1st Jan 05 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally mate, i wouldnt worry about DAB, unless you listen to the radio lots and even then your limited to a few stations due to signal strenght etc etc However, alot of HU will have external boxes that you could get if you really want one mate

As for the HU, i would go for either an alpine or pioneer over a JVC, something like a Pioneer DEH-P80MP/DEH-P8600MP or a Alpine CDA9833R/CDA-9830R. These all offer good features and have decent onboard DACs, preamps, amps etc etc for a decent sound And all offer around 5v preouts, which is useful if you going to start amp things up
DJGoMatt

1st Jan 05 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, they're the other units i was looking at, need something fancy, nearly bought the alpine as a bargain a while back but missed the stock and the price has gone back up, was gutted!
Dom

1st Jan 05 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your just buying the HU for dolphins swimming around on the screen mate, then get a cheapy sony or something

if its sound your after then i would go for alpine/pioneer...or if you feel like splashing the cash, get a Nakamichi

New Poll