corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EGR wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EGR wiring
Will94

User status: Offline
30th Jun 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey peepz

If i unplug the EGR, does the ECU run the engine as if the EGR was fine or does it back off power to play it safe?

Also wondering if anyone knows how i can fool it to thinking the EGR is plugged in (so it doesnt go wrong AGAIN)
Stu_22

1st Jul 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its wired through the TPS so may be a bit difficult and I'm sure if it could been done would of been done by now
Ellis

1st Jul 08 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooh this would be rather handy to know...
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Jul 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remeber the wiring off the top of my head but its a simple case of measuring the output from the valve back to the ecu and replicating it.

for example, on some cars when we do a decat we need to remove one of the lambda sensors as they give a fault light on the dash without the cat being in. We use an oscilloscope to measure the 'normal' output of that sensor under varying driving conditions on the dyno and that gives us a good idea of the signals that it feeds back to the ecu.

usually this is betwen 0.100 volts and 0.750 volts, continuously switching. its easy to then replicate that feed back to the ecu using an oscilloscope and make up a circuit that will plug into the wiring loom plug for the lambda and trick the ecu to thinking that the sensor is there and working properly.

some circuits of this type are readily available to buy off the shelf.
Ellis

1st Jul 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would you make a circuit to vary voltage like that?

My electrical knowledge doesn't stretch that far! Haha
Will94

1st Jul 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
cant remeber the wiring off the top of my head but its a simple case of measuring the output from the valve back to the ecu and replicating it.

for example, on some cars when we do a decat we need to remove one of the lambda sensors as they give a fault light on the dash without the cat being in. We use an oscilloscope to measure the 'normal' output of that sensor under varying driving conditions on the dyno and that gives us a good idea of the signals that it feeds back to the ecu.

usually this is betwen 0.100 volts and 0.750 volts, continuously switching. its easy to then replicate that feed back to the ecu using an oscilloscope and make up a circuit that will plug into the wiring loom plug for the lambda and trick the ecu to thinking that the sensor is there and working properly.

some circuits of this type are readily available to buy off the shelf.

I was thinking something like this, but hoping the circuitry wouldnt be overly complicated to create. Not sure how complicated the EGR is in electrical terms

New Poll