corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fast road spec C16XE on budget

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fast road spec C16XE on budget
Tom26

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i want to do few choice mods to my GSI have a budget of about £750 and want as good handling/braking as can afford and to make it bit more nippy.Any ideas of how i should spend cash would be great.Currently has K&N 57I,3inch backbox and Comp MO 15's.

[Edited on 03-04-2011 by Tom26]
philip2

4th Apr 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

inlet, decent set of shocks/springs ive found like spax ox bilsteins, bt other people favour other makes. decent tyres, maybe strip some weight out the car?
Eddx14xe

4th Apr 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be able to get a inlet manifold, coilovers and maybe a rear anti roll bar for that. Then stripping it obviously is free
AlexW

4th Apr 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Std brakes, Cheapo discs, GM pads.

Shocks/springs will be personal preference, height and how hard. Strip some weight as said, maybe go for fibreglass bonnet to lose some weight over the front (which is where you want the most weighloss from)
thomson

4th Apr 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weight saving is a good way. you can accelerate, stop and turn quicker. once you run out off things to take off you can change things for lighter items, battery, wheels it all adds up.

New Poll