corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » automatically revving while coasting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author automatically revving while coasting
mycorsaislow

User status: Offline
14th Jan 13 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an X16XE sport and when im dipping the clutch while moving at any speed, instead of going back to about 800 rpm idling it goes between a 1000 and 1300 rpm. when i come to a stop the revs go back down to 800rpm. is there something really wrong with the engine or does this just happen naturally?
corsa-torque

15th Jan 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like an airleak, what happens if you hold the car at 2000 rpm for a min then let off?

could also be a sticky throttle body
reecegsi

15th Jan 13 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
sounds like an airleak, what happens if you hold the car at 2000 rpm for a min then let off?

could also be a sticky throttle body

Speaking of this if i hold my c20xe at 2.5rpm it kangaroos but below or above is fine and still pulls when foot down?

Think air leak? If so wheres best to start?
corsa-torque

15th Jan 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spray bottle with a water/fairy liquid solution, spray around all hoses whilst engine running and look for bubbles
mycorsaislow

15th Jan 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't done the bottle test and it doesn't idle funny, my friend had an air leak and the idle is really erratic :/ I'll do the 2,000 rpm thing later and report back!
daine
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want to dip the clutch whilst moving! and if the rev's go back to 800rpm when the car
stop's, then its not an air leak!
when the cars stood does it rev up ok and drop down in the same manner !?!?
if so, is your clock's electronic!?! there's a speed controller in the back of then that's gone!
replace clock's and will work
mycorsaislow

15th Jan 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rolling up to junctions and down hills, bad habits ive got myself into!

the car revs fine while its standing still but any speed at all if just seems to hold it a bit high and only returns to about 800 when the car is completely stationary :/
daine
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like speed sensor in back of clocks then mate, look round for another set, dead easy to fit

New Poll