corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car tax fine help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car tax fine help
corsajay88

User status: Offline
25th Sep 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically I bought a car the other week with no tax. Got it delivered to my house. Due to builders next door having a skip on my land I left it on the road. It was weekend and Thought it would be ok. I was taking it for mot Monday lunchtime.Mistake as Monday morning police came and seized it. This bit I'm not disputing. Paid my fine got the car back then mot'd and taxed it. However I've now been informed by the previous owner he's received a fine for £360 for the same offence. I assume this is because t was sorned and found on the road they now want the tax for when it's been sorned.

Basically how do I sort this. It was sorned but changed hands on the 8th then was impounded on the 10th so up until it changed hands it was off road as agreed.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Sep 13 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've done what you need to.

His fine is up to him.

I would think if he tells them its changed hands then there's no real grounds to fine him. Although they probably still will. Massive, massive bent crook racket, they can make up whatever they want to say and you're basically going to pay it or get taken to court and pay it.

Proper scammers.
corsajay88

25th Sep 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian. Yes there's no reasoning with them. Il try the local office see if they can give me advice. Got to tax the corsa soon and staff there can be really helpful on a good day
gary2097

26th Sep 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate if you fail to tax your car what happens if you get caught is you pay 6 months tax but they also charge you for the months it has had no tax so you will pay 7 months etc... Which they usually take out of the money you paid to get it back from the impound. It sounds to me like he hasn't declared it sorn and therefor hasn't paid tax for 3 years and is a fault on his part. If it is declared sorn they wouldn't be able to charge you extra money if that makes sense. If just pay what you owe relax it and let him deal with it.
corsajay88

26th Sep 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was sorn'ed. I phoned the police because the the car was gone and thy told me it was sorn but found on the road and that's the fine but don't know where the £360 fine come from
gary2097

27th Sep 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah rite well the fine will be back tax owed from the start of the sorn as they will go by the fact that they think it has been parked there the whole time and have avoided paying tax it will be up to you to prove otherwise and you can't really. You are best off going to the local police station with the tear off slip from the v5 stating you have just bought it

New Poll