corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Thermostat housing C16XE (GSi)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thermostat housing C16XE (GSi)
Jules

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 05 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple question - should a thermostat housing on a C16 XE engine have a bleed screw in the top to allow the air pockets out?

Reason I ask? Had to change my thermostat yesterday only to find there wasn't one in there! The reason became clear when inspecting the housing and finding that one of the 'arm's that hold the thermostat has been snapped off (I expect whoever done this then foundout the cost of a replacement and took the 'stat out) - So I rang the local Vaux dealer to get hold of a new housing, I stated it was for a C16 XE and not a X16 XE, he mumbled something about a 'bleed screw' so I assumed he was on the right lines, my mate went and picked it up for me but it doesn't have a bleed screw on it - I fitted it and the heaters do work but they are no where near as hot as they should be imo.

So:
Should a C16 XE have a bleed screw in the thermostat housing?
What about the X16 XE or single cam thermostat housings - Do they have the same ones?

Help!
James R

23rd Nov 05 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some do laterones don't. It's not really needed there, just leave the top off the header tank and th eheater on full for abotu 10mins to get an air out the system
Siberia

23rd Nov 05 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine doesnt... i just did the above

New Poll