corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE, Fault code 1405 EGR Valve ... help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE, Fault code 1405 EGR Valve ... help needed
Rich_M

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars been runnign crap ... just flashed up the fault codes and its giving me 1405 which is the EGR Valve, is this the bit that sits on top of the exhaust manifold ??
Are these something that are common to fail ?? possible to fix them ??

Cheers
Rich_M

23rd Apr 08 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ... now found out that it sits under the inlet manifold, another Q, what size Torx bit is needed to remove it ? just so i can fetch one back from work tomorrow.

Cheers
Rich_M

25th Apr 08 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get it off, had a look at it and it appears to be ok ?? valve moves freely by hand and operates ok with 12v to it.
I've had a 'search' on here and the EGR's appear to give problems, i know its kinda spring loaded to keep it shut but whats the actual fault with them ? do they just kinda jam shut or do they get jammed open ? I'm thinking they jam open as folk say to blank them off, if they jammed shut then they wouldn't need blanking off ?
Anyone shed some light ??

Richardhhha

26th Apr 08 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EGR valves on a x14 are shit mate. they get coaked up and ether jam open or shut as you said... might be with checking your lambda/hego sensor aswell, as if im right (correct me if im not peeps) you can get EGR codes if the lambda starts to go down, and it wont show any lambda codes, and it will cause the car to run crap due to it switching the mixture to lean and rich all the time.
Wizard1906

27th Apr 08 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

egr valve is to keep cylinders warm as an emissions device nowt really to do with mixture the valves knackered mate probs better off biting the bullit and getting a new one if you balnk it off and the 14 or 16 you will get a map sensor fault due to the drop in pressure when valve should open. been here loads of times at work pal its a whole lot easier to buy a new one
Rich_M

27th Apr 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a new EGR yesterday, for some reason it now idles at 3k revs !! Checked all vacuum pipes (replaced a few of them) but cant find any leaks or owt.
Starts and drives ok without the ECU light coming on, but still getting fault codes flashing up, see here ... http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=427319

New Poll