corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oil in my diesel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil in my diesel
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   10th Jun 11 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT time for my 04 plate Seat Ibiza FR TDi today, it failed on a few bits such as suspension bushes, bulbs and a sump plug which all got sorted for £400 (included the service, filters, oil, etc).

I was handed a bit of bad news when collecting the car, apparently there is oil in my diesel - and they want the car back next week to take a look.

How terminal is this likely to be, could there be 101 causes for oil in the diesel or is it likely to be one of a couple of components?

I was half-considering getting shut of the car later this year anyway, so i'm tempted now to just not have any work done and get rid - but it would have been nice if I could keep the car anyway so my partner has got something to drive. If it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get this work done, I'd rather she just takes the bus though

If the oil in the diesel is likely not to cause too much of a problem, I'll happily keep the car as I owe no money on it and it's economic enough when bits aren't falling off of it!

Any thoughts from you knowledgable bunch?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
damoh

10th Jun 11 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard of this happening before on a friends cousins leon,its the diesel particulate filter or what ever seat call it that clogs up and causes all sorts of problems,mostley on cars used for short runs

if i rember rightley it cost him 1200euro to get sorted altho now apparenttley there is software to trick the ecu into tinking the diesel particulate filter is there and simpley just replace it with a stell section

hope that helps
Jed D

10th Jun 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry bit off subject but thats the 4th Ibiza i heard of with buggerd bushes, maybe worth upgrading them bud?
fazza

10th Jun 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what Damoh said really.

a mate needed the same thing on his fabia diesel and trade price was £1200 iirc without fitting, theres a huge surcharge included in that though so will get some back
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
sorry bit off subject but thats the 4th Ibiza i heard of with buggerd bushes, maybe worth upgrading them bud?

I've had bushes replaced every MoT now for a few years (not all bushes, but gradually they've all gone over the years). They're not expensive enough to bother tbh, just consider them consumables

Thanks Damoh/Fazza - £1200 is much more than I want to spend on this shed now, so may head on down to webuyanycar and move on

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can map out the DPF

New Poll