corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Explain this 1.0L EGR weird

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Explain this 1.0L EGR weird
amyspud

User status: Offline
   19th Jun 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ECU light has been on for months and car has still run perfectly but...

Failed MOT on emmisions - changed AMS and sailed through the MOT BUT the ECU light is still on.

Garaged mentioned EGR but I don't want to change if I can a) clean it and resolve the light OR b) I've heard about a EGR blanking plate.

Today started car ECU light on - disconected EGR connector started car light ON, stopped car reconnected EGR connector light OFF! stopped car and instantly restarted with EGR connector still connected and ECU light back on.
Repeated the above 3 times - same symptom!!!!
Dodgy EGR?

If I remove the EGR at the weekend would you add the blanking plate and if so - can it be bought from Vauxhall?

All help/advice appreciated.

New Poll